Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Project, Dean Electric Guitar

First off I want to apologize to everyone who watches my blog or visits it frequently. I’ve been horribly busy lately and as a result I haven’t been able to update in quite awhile but I assure you I’ve been working hard on quite a lot of work and I hope you all look forward to seeing some of it in the near future. However, this post is dedicated to my newest project, a piece I have just started working on as a collaboration with my friend Kevin Hall. Kevin is a guitarist and enjoys collecting and refurbishing guitars. It was his idea to work together and he was kind enough to provide me with a blank canvas, a Dean EVO XM model electric guitar to be exact. I’m super excited about the project since it’s the first time I’ll be applying my art to an item like this, creating a fine art guitar that will look awesome and remain totally functional. In fact I’m so excited that this time around I’ll be doing a little something extra for my blog, something that I know several people have expressed a desire to see before. Over the course of working on the guitar I’ll be posting work in progress images all the way up to the end result. So I hope you’ll all check back often to see the WIPs and please feel free to leave me some input and let me know how you think its going. For now here are the before shots of the Dean. Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment